Loss coverage, tax break-armed fund goes on sale

investment fund-sale

박상수

| 2026-05-22 10:00:02

▲ Lee Eog-weon, chairman of the Financial Services Commission (FSC), briefs President Lee Jae Myung on the FSC's policy goals for 2026 at the government complex in Seoul on Dec. 19, 2025. (Yonhap)

investment fund-sale

Loss coverage, tax break-armed fund goes on sale

SEOUL, May 22 (Yonhap) -- An investment fund offering tax break and loss coverage began to be offered to the public on Friday with the goal of generating upward of 600 billion won (US$397 million) in sales, the country's financial regulator said.

The sale will run for three weeks, and all citizens will be able to invest in the fund via 10 banks and 22 securities firms, according to the Financial Services Commission (FSC).

The fund will invest in firms specializing in artificial intelligence (AI), rechargeable batteries, hydrogen, biotechnology and other related sectors.

"The fund will become an attractive investment opportunity for people to share in the benefits from growth in the future strategic sectors," FSC Chairman Lee Eog-weon said after subscribing to the fund in Seoul.

The fund guarantees up to 20 percent of losses using government funds and offers income deduction of up to 40 percent, or 18 million won.

The fund is part of the Korea National Growth Fund launched late last year to nurture strategic industries, such as AI, bio and semiconductors. The government plans to raise up to 150 trillion won both from the private and public sectors and operate the fund for the next five years.

(END)

[ⓒ K-VIBE. 무단전재-재배포 금지]