MC Mong hints at celebrities' illegal gambling allegations during livestream

연합뉴스

| yna@yna.co.kr 2026-05-19 10:06:35

▲ This photo of rapper-songwriter MC Mong is provided by One Hundred Label. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE)(Yonhap)

 

SEOUL, May 19 (Yonhap) -- Rapper MC Mong strongly denied allegations of illegal gambling during a livestream, saying, “What are you talking about, illegal gambling?” and “Who gambles illegally with company funds?”

 

Raising his voice during the broadcast on Monday, MC Mong said, “The source of funds can all be traced through bank account records, so I hope people look into my accounts as well,” adding, “How could anyone gamble with company money? I don’t even understand what that means.”

 

MC Mong co-founded entertainment company One Hundred with Piak Group Chairman Cha Ga-won in 2023, but left the company in July last year. Since then, allegations have surfaced claiming he used company funds for illegal gambling.

 

Earlier in the day, MC Mong posted on social media that he would speak about “past incidents and everything related to me,” foreshadowing the livestream revelations.

 

During the broadcast, he also addressed allegations that he intentionally had teeth extracted to evade mandatory military service. Although the Supreme Court acquitted him of the charge in 2012, the controversy led him to suspend entertainment activities for a period of time.

 

“One of the things I regret most is the military service scandal,” he said. “I regret crying at the press conference at the time and reading a script written by lawyers.”

 

He further claimed that he had already been eligible for military exemption due to injuries including posterior cruciate ligament damage, a herniated lumbar disc and a cervical disc condition.

[ⓒ K-VIBE. 무단전재-재배포 금지]