연합뉴스
| yna@yna.co.kr 2026-06-09 09:18:18
SEOUL, June 9 (Yonhap) -- Actor Kim Soo-hyun is set to resume official activities after more than a year on hiatus following controversy surrounding allegations related to the late actress Kim Sae-ron.
His agency, Gold Medalist, said Tuesday that Kim will film an advertisement for a Philippine fashion brand in South Korea on July 14.
The commercial shoot will mark his first official activity, including advertising work, since March last year, approximately 15 months ago.
Kim became embroiled in controversy in March 2025 after the YouTube channel Garosero Research Institute uploaded a video citing conversations with Kim Sae-ron's bereaved family.
Kim Se-ui, head of the channel, alleged that Kim Soo-hyun had dated Kim Sae-ron when she was a minor and that pressure from Kim regarding debt repayment was a direct cause of her death.
At a press conference held at the time, Kim acknowledged that he had been in a relationship with Kim Sae-ron but denied allegations that the relationship began when she was a minor or that he had pressured her over debt repayment.
Kim's return to public activities comes shortly after prosecutors received a case involving Kim Se-ui.
Police said June 4 that Kim Se-ui had been referred to prosecutors while in custody on charges related to the alleged dissemination of false information about Kim Soo-hyun.
[ⓒ K-VIBE. 무단전재-재배포 금지]